Sunday, February 03, 2008

Ending Credits.

A/N: I had a dream. And then this happened. *smirk*


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wonder why you sit and shift uncomfortably there in your own skin.
And it puzzles me as to what it is that makes you squirm so.
I ask myself why you look so desperately uneasy in your aimless attempt to look casual.

But, as is the tradition, I draw a blank…

And I wonder why I sit here and suffocate on the discomfort in this air.
And it baffles me when I think of how I feel like I am in an iron maiden - Every glance of yours another knife digging into my skin.
I ask myself why I choke on words that I long for so terribly to be out in the open.

And yet again my mind remains humiliatingly empty…

The dull click of the door is like another punch in my gut.

There will be more goodbyes.
I know, because there have been so many already.

The picture frame on the wall is as dusty as this liaison and not nearly as empty.

The scent of your cologne still lingers in the heavy air of this room and the ghost of your once real laughter clings to my memory like a spider to a web.

Are we getting closer or are we just getting more lost?
Let's compare scars I'll tell you whose is worse;
Let's unwrite these pages and replace them with our own words..

And in all this mystifying disjointedness, what amazes me most is that you are no longer anything more than a memory.
But how a mere recollection of a name can make you feel like you want to rip your gut right out will never cease to amaze me.


And I know it's easier to leave than to be left behind but I can't help but think - who's who here?

Might be waiting for someone
Might be there for us to see
Might be in need of talking
Might be staring directly at me..

... And I can't help but wonder why you did nothing but sit and shift uncomfortably there in your own skin.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of th best i'd say. Good writing.

8:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

luv it.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Not yet there. said...

There will be more goodbyes.
I know, because there have been so many already.


Maybe one day, there won't be anymore.
Maybe.

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home