Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Sleeping Wakeness

SDU steps.
College inspires one to be angsty.
Pah.

------------

I’m gliding through this void,
Like a zombie in a trance;
Through minutes, words and thoughts -
In a lifeless, haunting dance.
Suddenly your absent presence
Is more than just dim awareness,
For I’ve barely stopped to look around
And I’m caught in a sleeping wake ness

Life will slip on by the by
In a blur of colours at unruly paces;
Of laughs and smiles and endless miles
Of blameless, nameless faces;
I slide and fall, and stand and wake
In a slippery kind of unconsciousness;
I dream and live in a strange routine
And I’m stuck in a sleeping wake ness.

Wax turns to fire and dreams to gold,
Spin the gold, I make it ash,
It leaves no grief, no mark, no joy,
Your reality, a briefly stinging scab;
Of your fading shadow and soundless voice -
I grasp on shallow memories in inky harness;
Of dreams and hopes, you may bleed me dry
But will you cure this sleeping wake ness?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home